Mithali Raj is a former Indian cricketer widely regarded as one of the greatest female cricketers ever. She is the highest run-scorer in women’s international cricket and the only Indian captain (male or female) to have led the team to two 50-over World Cup finals. She retired from international cricket in June 2022 after a glorious career spanning over two decades. This article will look at some aspects of her life and achievements, such as her net worth, wiki, age, height, career, and more.
Mithali Raj Net Worth
Mithali Raj net worth is estimated at around $5 million as of 2022. She earned most of her income from playing cricket for India and various domestic and franchise teams. Mithali Raj also had endorsement deals with brands like Uber, Rio Tinto, L’Oréal, and others. She was also awarded several cash prizes and honors by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and the Government of India for her outstanding performances and contributions to the sport.
Mithali Raj Wiki
In Jodhpur, Rajasthan, Mithali Raj was born on December 3rd, 1982. Her father, Dorai Raj, was a warrant officer in the Indian Air Force, and her mother, Leela Raj, was a homemaker. Mithun Raj is the name of her older brother. She started playing cricket at 10 and joined a cricket academy in Hyderabad. Initially interested in classical dance, she gave it up to pursue cricket. She made her international debut at 16 in 1999 against Ireland and scored a century in her first ODI match. She became one of women’s cricket’s most prolific and consistent batters.
She is 40 years old as of 2022. She is among the few players who have played international cricket for over 20 years. Mithali Raj retired from all formats of international cricket on June 8, 2022, after leading India to a historic Test draw against England in Bristol. She said she wanted to give opportunities to the younger generation and focus on mentoring them.
Mithali Raj is 5 feet 4 inches (1.63 m) tall. She is known for her elegant and graceful batting style and ability to play long innings. She is also a good fielder and a handy bowler who can bowl leg-spin.
Mithali Raj had a remarkable career as a cricketer and a captain. She holds numerous records and achievements in international cricket. Some of them are:
- She is the highest run-scorer in women’s international cricket, with 10,337 runs across all formats.
- In Women’s One Day International matches, she is the only female cricketer to achieve the 7,000-run threshold.
- She is the only player in ODI history to score seven straight 50s.
- She also holds the record for most half-centuries in WODIs with 64.
- She is the first male or female Indian player to reach 2000 runs in T20Is.
- She is the first woman to play in 200 ODI matches.
- She is the first female international cricket player to have played for 20 years.
- She has captained India in over 200 matches across all formats, the most by any player (male or female).
- She has led India to two ICC ODI World Cup finals in 2005 and 2017, where India finished as runners-up.
- She has also led India to four ICC T20 World Cup semi-finals in 2009, 2010, 2018 and 2020.
- She has won several individual awards and accolades, such as the Wisden Leading Woman Cricketer in the World in 2017, the ICC Women’s ODI Player of the Year in 2007, the ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year in 2017, etc.
- She also received several national and international honors, including the Arjuna Award in 2003, the Padma Shri in 2015, and Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna in 2021.
Mithali Raj is undoubtedly a legend of women’s cricket and an inspiration for millions of girls and boys who aspire to play the game.