Farah Khan is a multi-talented personality who has made a mark in the Indian film industry as a director, choreographer, writer, producer, and actress. She is known for her blockbuster films like Main Hoon Na, Om Shanti Om, and Happy New Year and her award-winning choreography for various songs. She is also a famous judge and host on several television shows. This article will explore Farah Khan’s net worth, wiki, age, height, career, and more.
Farah Khan Net Worth
Farah Khan’s net worth is estimated at around $25 million as of 2021. She earns most of her income from directing and producing films and choreographing songs for other filmmakers. Farah Khan also charges a hefty fee for judging and hosting reality shows on TV. She owns a luxurious bungalow in Mumbai, where she lives with her husband and three children. She also owns several cars and properties in India and abroad.
Farah Khan Wiki
Farah Khan was born in Bombay, Maharashtra, India on January 9, 1965. Her father, Kamran Khan, was a stuntman-turned-filmmaker, and her mother, Menaka Irani, was the sister of former child actors Honey Irani and Daisy Irani. Thus, Farah is a first cousin of actors Farhan Akhtar and Zoya Akhtar (Honey Irani’s children). She has one brother, Sajid Khan, a comedian, actor, and film director.
Farah Khan studied sociology at St. Xavier’s College, Bombay. Michael Jackson’s Thriller video inspired her to pursue dance as a career. She learned to dance on her own and formed a dance group. Farah Khan got her first break as a choreographer in Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar (1992) and gained fame with her choreographed song in Virasat (1997), for which she won the Filmfare Award for Best Choreography. She went on to win five more Filmfare Awards and one National Film Award for her choreography.
Farah Khan made her directorial debut with Main Hoon Na (2004), starring Shah Rukh Khan and Zayed Khan. The film was a huge success and earned her a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Director. She then directed Om Shanti Om (2007), also a blockbuster, and earned her another nomination for the same award. Her subsequent films were Tees Maar Khan (2010) and Happy New Year (2014), which were also commercially successful but received mixed reviews from critics.
Farah Khan has also acted in some films, such as Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003), Om Shanti Om (2007), and Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi (2012). She has also appeared as a judge and co-host in several TV shows, such as Indian Idol, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, Nach Baliye, Dance India Dance: Li’l Masters, India’s Got Talent, Bigg Boss Halla Bol, Khatron Ke Khiladi – Made in India, and The Khatra Show.
On December 9, 2004, Farah Khan wed Shirish Kunder, the editor of her movie Main Hoon Na. Since then, they have collaborated on each other’s film projects. They have triplets – one son and two daughters – born in 2008 through in vitro fertilization.
Farah Khan Age & Height
Farah Khan is 58 years old as of 2021. She was conceived on January 9, 1965.
She is 5 feet 3 inches (160 cm) tall.
Farah Khan Career
Farah Khan has had a remarkable career in the Indian film industry as a director, choreographer, writer, producer, and actress. She has worked with some of the biggest stars and filmmakers in Bollywood and has delivered some of the most successful films of all time. She has also received numerous awards and accolades for her work.
Some of the highlights of Farah Khan’s career are:
- She has choreographed more than 100 songs in over 80 films.
- She has directed four films – Main Hoon Na (2004), Om Shanti Om (2007), Tees Maar Khan (2010), and Happy New Year (2014) – all of which were box office hits.
- She has won six Filmfare Awards for Best Choreography and one National Film Award for Best Choreography.
- She has been nominated twice for the Filmfare Award for Best Director.
- She has also worked on international projects, such as Marigold: An Adventure in India, Monsoon Wedding, Bombay Dreams, and the Chinese films Perhaps Love and Kung Fu Yoga, earning Tony Award and Golden Horse Award nominations.
- She has acted in several films, such as Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003), Om Shanti Om (2007), and Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi (2012).
- She has judged and hosted many popular TV shows, such as Indian Idol, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, Nach Baliye, Dance India Dance: Li’l Masters, India’s Got Talent, Bigg Boss Halla Bol, Khatron Ke Khiladi – Made in India, and The Khatra Show.
Farah Khan is one of the most influential and respected personalities in the Indian film industry. Farah Khan is an inspiration to many aspiring filmmakers and choreographers. She is a true icon of Bollywood.